Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a tool with a sharp point and cutting edges for making holes in hard materials (usually rotating rapidly or by repeated blows)
2. (v) make a hole with a pointed power or hand tool; "don''t drill here, there''s a gas pipe" "drill a hole into the wall" "drill for oil"
3. (n) similar to the mandrill but smaller and less brightly colored
4. (v) train in the military, e.g., in the use of weapons
5. (n) systematic training by multiple repetitions; "practice makes perfect"
6. (v) learn by repetition; "We drilled French verbs every day" "Pianists practice scales"
7. (n) (military) the training of soldiers to march (as in ceremonial parades) or to perform the manual of arms
8. (v) teach by repetition
9. (v) undergo military training or do military exercises
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.