Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (v) take in liquids; "The patient must drink several liters each day" "The children like to drink soda"
2. (n) a single serving of a beverage; "I asked for a hot drink" "likes a drink before dinner"
3. (n) the act of drinking alcoholic beverages to excess; "drink was his downfall"
4. (v) consume alcohol; "We were up drinking all night"
5. (v) propose a toast to; "Let us toast the birthday girl!" "Let''s drink to the New Year"
6. (n) any liquid suitable for drinking; "may I take your beverage order?"
7. (n) any large deep body of water; "he jumped into the drink and had to be rescued"
8. (v) be fascinated or spell-bound by; pay close attention to; "The mother drinks in every word of her son on the stage"
9. (n) the act of swallowing; "one swallow of the liquid was enough" "he took a drink of his beer and smacked his lips"
10. (v) drink excessive amounts of alcohol; be an alcoholic; "The husband drinks and beats his wife"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.