Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (v) advance slowly, as if by inches; "He edged towards the car"
2. (n) the boundary of a surface
3. (n) a sharp side formed by the intersection of two surfaces of an object; "he rounded the edges of the box"
4. (v) provide with a border or edge; "edge the tablecloth with embroidery"
5. (v) lie adjacent to another or share a boundary; "Canada adjoins the U.S." "England marches with Scotland"
6. (n) a line determining the limits of an area
7. (n) the attribute of urgency; "his voice had an edge to it"
8. (v) provide with an edge; "edge a blade"
9. (n) a slight competitive advantage; "he had an edge on the competition"
10. (n) a strip near the boundary of an object; "he jotted a note on the margin of the page"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.