Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) (physics) the capacity of a physical system to do work; the units of energy are joules or ergs; "energy can take a wide variety of forms"
2. (n) an exertion of force; "he plays tennis with great energy"
3. (n) enterprising or ambitious drive; "Europeans often laugh at American energy"
4. (n) an imaginative lively style (especially style of writing) "his writing conveys great energy"
5. (n) a healthy capacity for vigorous activity; "jogging works off my excess energy" "he seemed full of vim and vigor"
6. (n) the federal department responsible for maintaining a national energy policy of the United States; created in 1977
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.