Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (v) to come or go into; "the boat entered an area of shallow marshes"
2. (v) become a participant; be involved in; "enter a race" "enter an agreement" "enter a drug treatment program" "enter negotiations"
3. (v) register formally as a participant or member; "The party recruited many new members"
4. (v) be or play a part of or in; "Elections figure prominently in every government program" "How do the elections figure in the current pattern of internal politics?"
5. (v) make a record of; set down in permanent form
6. (v) come on stage
7. (v) put or introduce into something; "insert a picture into the text"
8. (v) take on duties or office; "accede to the throne"
9. (v) set out on (an enterprise, subject of study, etc.) "she embarked upon a new career"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.