Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) an approximate calculation of quantity or degree or worth; "an estimate of what it would cost" "a rough idea how long it would take"
2. (v) judge tentatively or form an estimate of (quantities or time) "I estimate this chicken to weigh three pounds"
3. (n) a judgment of the qualities of something or somebody; "many factors are involved in any estimate of human life" "in my estimation the boy is innocent"
4. (v) judge to be probable
5. (n) a document appraising the value of something (as for insurance or taxation)
6. (n) a statement indicating the likely cost of some job; "he got an estimate from the car repair shop"
7. (n) the respect with which a person is held; "they had a high estimation of his ability"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.