Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) the activity of exerting your muscles in various ways to keep fit; "the doctor recommended regular exercise" "he did some exercising" "the physical exertion required by his work kept him fit"
2. (v) put to use; "exert one''s power or influence"
3. (v) carry out or practice; as of jobs and professions; "practice law"
4. (n) the act of using; "he warned against the use of narcotic drugs" "skilled in the utilization of computers"
5. (n) systematic training by multiple repetitions; "practice makes perfect"
6. (v) give a work-out to; "Some parents exercise their infants" "My personal trainer works me hard" "work one''s muscles"
7. (n) a task performed or problem solved in order to develop skill or understanding; "you must work the examples at the end of each chapter in the textbook"
8. (v) do physical exercise; "She works out in the gym every day"
9. (n) (usually plural) a ceremony that involves processions and speeches; "academic exercises"
10. (v) learn by repetition; "We drilled French verbs every day" "Pianists practice scales"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.