Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) rapid transport of goods
2. (s) not tacit or implied; "her express wish"
3. (r) by express; "please send the letter express"
4. (v) give expression to; "She showed her disappointment"
5. (v) articulate; either verbally or with a cry, shout, or noise; "She expressed her anger" "He uttered a curse"
6. (n) mail that is distributed by a rapid and efficient system
7. (s) without unnecessary stops; "an express train" "an express shipment"
8. (v) indicate through a symbol, formula, etc.; "Can you express this distance in kilometers?"
9. (n) public transport consisting of a fast train or bus that makes a limited number of scheduled stops; "he caught the express to New York"
10. (v) serve as a means for expressing something; "The painting of Mary carries motherly love" "His voice carried a lot af anger"
11. (v) manifest the effects of (a gene or genetic trait) "Many of the laboratory animals express the trait"
12. (v) obtain from a substance, as by mechanical action; "Italians express coffee rather than filter it"
13. (v) send my rapid transport or special messenger service; "She expressed the letter to Florida"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.