Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) an act that fails; "his failure to pass the test"
2. (n) an event that does not accomplish its intended purpose; "the surprise party was a complete failure"
3. (n) lack of success; "he felt that his entire life had been a failure" "that year there was a crop failure"
4. (n) a person with a record of failing; someone who loses consistently
5. (n) an unexpected omission; "he resented my failure to return his call" "the mechanic''s failure to check the brakes"
6. (n) inability to discharge all your debts as they come due; "the company had to declare bankruptcy" "fraudulent loans led to the failure of many banks"
7. (n) loss of ability to function normally; "kidney failure"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.