Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a quantity sufficient to satisfy; "he ate his fill of potatoes" "she had heard her fill of gossip"
2. (v) make full, also in a metaphorical sense; "fill a container" "fill the child with pride"
3. (n) any material that fills a space or container; "there was not enough fill for the trench"
4. (v) become full; "The pool slowly filled with water" "The theater filled up slowly"
5. (v) occupy the whole of; "The liquid fills the container"
6. (v) assume, as of positions or roles; "She took the job as director of development"
7. (v) fill or meet a want or need
8. (v) appoint someone to (a position or a job)
9. (v) eat until one is sated; "He filled up on turkey"
10. (v) fill to satisfaction; "I am sated"
11. (v) plug with a substance; "fill a cavity"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.