Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a form of entertainment that enacts a story by a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement; "they went to a movie every Saturday night" "the film was shot on location"
2. (v) make a film or photograph of something; "take a scene" "shoot a movie"
3. (n) a medium that disseminates moving pictures; "theater pieces transferred to celluloid" "this story would be good cinema" "film coverage of sporting events"
4. (v) record in film; "The coronation was filmed"
5. (n) a thin coating or layer; "the table was covered with a film of dust"
6. (n) a thin sheet of (usually plastic and usually transparent) material used to wrap or cover things
7. (n) photographic material consisting of a base of celluloid covered with a photographic emulsion; used to make negatives or transparencies
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.