Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) any of the terminal members of the hand (sometimes excepting the thumb) "her fingers were long and thin"
2. (v) feel or handle with the fingers; "finger the binding of the book"
3. (n) the length of breadth of a finger used as a linear measure
4. (v) examine by touch; "Feel this soft cloth!" "The customer fingered the sweater"
5. (n) the part of a glove that provides a covering for one of the fingers
6. (v) search for on the computer; "I fingered my boss and found that he is not logged on in the afternoons"
7. (v) indicate the fingering for the playing of musical scores for keyboard instruments
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.