Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (a) (of materials or goods) brought to the desired final state; "a finished product"
2. (a) ended or brought to an end; "are you finished?" "gave me the finished manuscript" "the manuscript is finished" "almost finished with his studies"
3. (s) (of skills or the products of skills) brought to or having the greatest excellence; perfected; "a dazzling and finished piece of writing" "a finished violinist"
4. (s) having a surface coating or finish applied; "the finished bookcase costs much more than the unfinished ones"
5. (s) brought to ruin; "after the revolution the aristocracy was finished" "the unsuccessful run for office left him ruined politically and economically"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.