Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) the inside lower horizontal surface (as of a room or hallway) "they needed rugs to cover the bare floors"
2. (v) surprise greatly; knock someone''s socks off; "I was floored when I heard that I was promoted"
3. (n) structure consisting of a room or set of rooms comprising a single level of a multilevel building; "what level is the office on?"
4. (v) knock down with force; "He decked his opponent"
5. (n) a lower limit; "the government established a wage floor"
6. (n) the ground on which people and animals move about; "the fire spared the forest floor"
7. (n) the bottom surface of any a cave or lake etc.
8. (n) the occupants of a floor; "the whole floor complained about the lack of heat"
9. (n) the parliamentary right to address an assembly; "the chairman granted him the floor"
10. (n) the legislative hall where members debate and vote and conduct other business; "there was a motion from the floor"
11. (n) a large room in a stock exchange where the trading is done; "he is a floor trader"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.