Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (v) pay for something; "pick up the tab" "pick up the burden of high-interest mortgages" "foot the bill"
2. (n) a linear unit of length equal to 12 inches or a third of a yard; "he is six feet tall"
3. (v) walk; "let''s hoof it to the disco"
4. (n) the foot of a human being; "his bare feet projected from his trousers" "armored from head to foot"
5. (v) add a column of numbers
6. (n) the lower part of anything; "curled up on the foot of the bed" "the foot of the page" "the foot of the list" "the foot of the mountain"
7. (n) travel by foot; "he followed on foot" "the swiftest of foot"
8. (n) a foot of a vertebrate other than a human being
9. (n) a support resembling a pedal extremity; "one foot of the chair was on the carpet"
10. (n) lowest support of a structure; "it was built on a base of solid rock" "he stood at the foot of the tower"
11. (n) any of various organs of locomotion or attachment in invertebrates
12. (n) an army unit consisting of soldiers who fight on foot; "there came ten thousand horsemen and as many fully-armed foot"
13. (n) a member of a surveillance team who works on foot or rides as a passenger
14. (n) a group of 2 or 3 syllables forming the basic unit of poetic rhythm
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.