Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) breaking of hard tissue such as bone; "it was a nasty fracture" "the break seems to have been caused by a fall"
2. (v) violate or abuse; "This writer really fractures the language"
3. (n) (geology) a crack in the earth''s crust resulting from the displacement of one side with respect to the other; "they built it right over a geological fault"
4. (v) interrupt, break, or destroy; "fracture the balance of power"
5. (n) the act of cracking something
6. (v) break into pieces; "The pothole fractured a bolt on the axle"
7. (v) become fractured; "The tibia fractured from the blow of the iron pipe"
8. (v) break (a bone) "She broke her clavicle"
9. (v) fracture a bone of; "I broke my foot while playing hockey"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.