Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a structure supporting or containing something
2. (v) enclose in or as if in a frame; "frame a picture"
3. (n) one of a series of still transparent photographs on a strip of film used in making movies
4. (v) enclose in a frame, as of a picture
5. (n) alternative names for the body of a human being; "Leonardo studied the human body" "he has a strong physique" "the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak"
6. (v) take or catch as if in a snare or trap; "I was set up!" "The innocent man was framed by the police"
7. (n) a period of play in baseball during which each team has a turn at bat
8. (v) formulate in a particular style or language; "I wouldn''t put it that way" "She cast her request in very polite language"
9. (n) the hard structure (bones and cartilages) that provides a frame for the body of an animal
10. (v) draw up the plans or basic details for; "frame a policy"
11. (n) the internal supporting structure that gives an artifact its shape; "the building has a steel skeleton"
12. (v) construct by fitting or uniting parts together
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.