Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a person you know well and regard with affection and trust; "he was my best friend at the university"
2. (n) an associate who provides assistance; "he''s a good ally in fight" "they were friends of the workers"
3. (n) a person with whom you are acquainted; "I have trouble remembering the names of all my acquaintances" "we are friends of the family"
4. (n) a person who backs a politician or a team etc.; "all their supporters came out for the game" "they are friends of the library"
5. (n) a member of the Religious Society of Friends founded by George Fox (the Friends have never called themselves Quakers)
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.