Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (s) disabled in the feet or legs; "a crippled soldier" "a game leg"
2. (n) a single play of a game; "the game lasted 2 hours"
3. (v) place a bet on; "Which horse are you backing?" "I''m betting on the new horse"
4. (s) willing to face danger
5. (n) a contest with rules to determine a winner; "you need four people to play this game"
6. (n) an amusement or pastime; "they played word games" "he thought of his painting as a game that filled his empty time" "his life was all fun and games"
7. (n) animal hunted for food or sport
8. (n) the game equipment needed to play a game; "the child received several games for his birthday"
9. (n) your occupation or line of work; "he''s in the plumbing game" "she''s in show biz"
10. (n) (games) the score at a particular point or the score needed to win; "the game is 6 all" "he is serving for the game"
11. (n) the flesh of wild animals that is used for food
12. (n) a secret scheme to do something (especially something underhand or illegal) "they concocted a plot to discredit the governor" "I saw through his little game from the start"
13. (n) frivolous or trifling behavior; "for actors, memorizing lines is no game" "for him, life is all fun and games"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.