Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) sewing consisting of small folds or puckers made by pulling tight a thread in a line of stitching
2. (v) assemble or get together; "gather some stones" "pull your thoughts together"
3. (n) the act of gathering something
4. (v) collect in one place; "We assembled in the church basement" "Let''s gather in the dining room"
5. (v) collect or gather; "Journals are accumulating in my office" "The work keeps piling up"
6. (v) conclude from evidence; "I gather you have not done your homework"
7. (v) draw fabric together and sew it tightly
8. (v) get people together; "assemble your colleagues" "get together all those who are interested in the project" "gather the close family members"
9. (v) look for (food) in nature; "Our ancestors gathered nuts in the Fall"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.