Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns
2. (n) a librettist who was a collaborator with Sir Arthur Sullivan in a famous series of comic operettas (1836-1911)
3. (n) English court physician noted for his studies of terrestrial magnetism (1540-1603)
4. (n) English navigator who in 1583 established in Newfoundland the first English colony in North America (1539-1583)
5. (n) United States architect who influenced the development of the skyscraper (1859-1934)
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.