Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) light informal conversation for social occasions
2. (v) wag one''s tongue; speak about others and reveal secrets or intimacies; "She won''t dish the dirt"
3. (n) a report (often malicious) about the behavior of other people; "the divorce caused much gossip"
4. (v) talk socially without exchanging too much information; "the men were sitting in the cafe and shooting the breeze"
5. (n) a person given to gossiping and divulging personal information about others
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.