Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (v) thoroughly work in; "His hands were grained with dirt"
2. (n) a small hard particle; "a grain of sand"
3. (n) foodstuff prepared from the starchy grains of cereal grasses
4. (v) paint (a surface) to make it look like stone or wood
5. (v) form into grains
6. (n) used for pearls or diamonds: 50 mg or 1/4 carat
7. (v) become granular
8. (n) 1/60 dram; equals an avoirdupois grain or 64.799 milligrams
9. (n) 1/7000 pound; equals a troy grain or 64.799 milligrams
10. (n) dry seedlike fruit produced by the cereal grasses: e.g. wheat, barley, Indian corn
11. (n) the direction or texture of fibers found in wood or leather or stone or in a woven fabric; "saw the board across the grain"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.