Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) any monetary aid
2. (v) let have; "grant permission" "Mandela was allowed few visitors in prison"
3. (v) give on the basis of merit; "Funds are granted to qualified researchers"
4. (n) the act of providing a subsidy
5. (n) (law) a transfer of property by deed of conveyance
6. (v) be willing to concede; "I grant you this much"
7. (v) allow to have; "grant a privilege"
8. (n) Scottish painter; cousin of Lytton Strachey and member of the Bloomsbury Group (1885-1978)
9. (n) United States actor (born in England) who was the elegant leading man in many films (1904-1986)
10. (v) bestow, especially officially; "grant a degree" "give a divorce" "This bill grants us new rights"
11. (n) 18th President of the United States; commander of the Union armies in the American Civil War (1822-1885)
12. (v) give over; surrender or relinquish to the physical control of another
13. (n) a contract granting the right to operate a subsidiary business; "he got the beer concession at the ball park"
14. (v) transfer by deed; "grant land"
15. (n) a right or privilege that has been granted
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.