Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a preparation (usually made of sweetened chicle) for chewing
2. (v) grind with the gums; chew without teeth and with great difficulty; "the old man had no teeth left and mumbled his food"
3. (n) the tissue (covered by mucous membrane) of the jaws that surrounds the bases of the teeth
4. (v) exude or form gum; "these trees gum in the Spring"
5. (n) any of various substances (soluble in water) that exude from certain plants; they are gelatinous when moist but harden on drying
6. (n) cement consisting of a sticky substance that is used as an adhesive
7. (n) wood or lumber from any of various gum trees especially the sweet gum
8. (n) any of various trees of the genera Eucalyptus or Liquidambar or Nyssa that are sources of gum
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.