Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a weapon that discharges a missile at high velocity (especially from a metal tube or barrel)
2. (v) shoot with a gun
3. (n) large but transportable armament
4. (n) a person who shoots a gun (as regards their ability)
5. (n) a professional killer who uses a gun
6. (n) a hand-operated pump that resembles a gun; forces grease into parts of a machine
7. (n) a pedal that controls the throttle valve; "he stepped on the gas"
8. (n) the discharge of a gun as signal or as a salute in military ceremonies; "a twenty gun salute"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.