Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) dense growth of hairs covering the body or parts of it (as on the human head) helps prevent heat loss; "he combed his hair"
2. (n) a very small distance or space; "they escaped by a hair''s-breadth" "they lost the election by a whisker"
3. (n) filamentous hairlike growth on a plant; "peach fuzz"
4. (n) any of the cylindrical filaments characteristically growing from the epidermis of a mammal; "there is a hair in my soup"
5. (n) cloth woven from horsehair or camelhair; used for upholstery or stiffening in garments
6. (n) a filamentous projection or process on an organism
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.