Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) an interior passage or corridor onto which rooms open; "the elevators were at the end of the hall"
2. (n) a large entrance or reception room or area
3. (n) a large room for gatherings or entertainment; "lecture hall" "pool hall"
4. (n) a college or university building containing living quarters for students
5. (n) the large room of a manor or castle
6. (n) English writer whose novel about a lesbian relationship was banned in Britain for many years (1883-1943)
7. (n) United States child psychologist whose theories of child psychology strongly influenced educational psychology (1844-1924)
8. (n) United States chemist who developed an economical method of producing aluminum from bauxite (1863-1914)
9. (n) United States explorer who led three expeditions to the Arctic (1821-1871)
10. (n) United States astronomer who discovered Phobos and Deimos (the two satellites of Mars) (1829-1907)
11. (n) a large and imposing house
12. (n) a large building used by a college or university for teaching or research; "halls of learning"
13. (n) a large building for meetings or entertainment
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.