Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a support consisting of an arrangement of straps for holding something to the body (especially one supporting a person suspended from a parachute)
2. (v) put a harness; "harness the horse"
3. (n) stable gear consisting of an arrangement of leather straps fitted to a draft animal so that it can be attached to and pull a cart
4. (v) exploit the power of; "harness natural forces and resources"
5. (v) control and direct with or as if by reins; "rein a horse"
6. (v) keep in check; "rule one''s temper"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.