Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (v) be a signal for or a symptom of; "These symptoms indicate a serious illness" "Her behavior points to a severe neurosis" "The economic indicators signal that the euro is undervalued"
2. (v) indicate a place, direction, person, or thing; either spatially or figuratively; "I showed the customer the glove section" "He pointed to the empty parking space" "he indicated his opponents"
3. (v) to state or express briefly; "indicated his wishes in a letter"
4. (v) give evidence of; "The evidence argues for your claim" "The results indicate the need for more work"
5. (v) suggest the necessity of an intervention; in medicine; "Tetracycline is indicated in such cases"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.