Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) one of lesser rank or station or quality
2. (a) of or characteristic of low rank or importance
3. (n) a character or symbol set or printed or written beneath or slightly below and to the side of another character
4. (a) of low or inferior quality
5. (s) inferior in rank or status; "the junior faculty" "a lowly corporal" "petty officialdom" "a subordinate functionary"
6. (a) written or printed below and to one side of another character
7. (a) having an orbit between the sun and the Earth''s orbit; "Mercury and Venus are inferior planets"
8. (s) lower than a given reference point; "inferior alveolar artery"
9. (s) falling short of some prescribed norm; "substandard housing"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.