Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a person who lacks knowledge of evil
2. (a) free from evil or guilt; "an innocent child" "the principle that one is innocent until proved guilty"
3. (s) lacking intent or capacity to injure; "an innocent prank"
4. (s) free from sin
5. (s) lacking in sophistication or worldliness; "a child''s innocent stare" "his ingenuous explanation that he would not have burned the church if he had not thought the bishop was in it"
6. (s) used of things; lacking sense or awareness; "ignorant hope" "fine innocent weather"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.