Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a device that requires skill for proper use
2. (v) equip with instruments for measuring, recording, or controlling
3. (n) the means whereby some act is accomplished; "my greed was the instrument of my destruction" "science has given us new tools to fight disease"
4. (v) write an instrumental score for
5. (n) a person used by another to gain an end
6. (v) address a legal document to
7. (n) (law) a document that states some contractual relationship or grants some right
8. (n) the semantic role of the entity (usually inanimate) that the agent uses to perform an action or start a process
9. (n) any of various devices or contrivances that can be used to produce musical tones or sounds
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.