Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) the act of investing; laying out money or capital in an enterprise with the expectation of profit
2. (n) money that is invested with an expectation of profit
3. (n) outer layer or covering of an organ or part or organism
4. (n) the act of putting on robes or vestments
5. (n) the ceremonial act of clothing someone in the insignia of an office; the formal promotion of a person to an office or rank
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.