Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a string of more than 3,000 islands east of Asia extending 1,300 miles between the Sea of Japan and the western Pacific Ocean
2. (v) coat with a lacquer, as done in Japan
3. (n) a constitutional monarchy occupying the Japanese Archipelago; a world leader in electronics and automobile manufacture and ship building
4. (n) lacquerware decorated and varnished in the Japanese manner with a glossy durable black lacquer
5. (n) lacquer with a durable glossy black finish, originally from the orient
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.