Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a public official authorized to decide questions bought before a court of justice
2. (v) determine the result of (a competition)
3. (n) an authority who is able to estimate worth or quality
4. (v) form an opinion of or pass judgment on; "I cannot judge some works of modern art"
5. (v) judge tentatively or form an estimate of (quantities or time) "I estimate this chicken to weigh three pounds"
6. (v) pronounce judgment on; "They labeled him unfit to work here"
7. (v) put on trial or hear a case and sit as the judge at the trial of; "The football star was tried for the murder of his wife" "The judge tried both father and son in separate trials"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.