Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a human limb; commonly used to refer to a whole limb but technically only the part between the knee and ankle
2. (n) a structure in animals that is similar to a human leg and used for locomotion
3. (n) one of the supports for a piece of furniture
4. (n) a part of a forked or branching shape; "he broke off one of the branches" "they took the south fork"
5. (n) the limb of an animal used for food
6. (n) a prosthesis that replaces a missing leg
7. (n) cloth covering consisting of the part of a garment that covers the leg
8. (n) (nautical) the distance traveled by a sailing vessel on a single tack
9. (n) a section or portion of a journey or course; "then we embarked on the second stage of our Caribbean cruise"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.