Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a written message addressed to a person or organization; "mailed an indignant letter to the editor"
2. (v) win an athletic letter
3. (n) the conventional characters of the alphabet used to represent speech; "his grandmother taught him his letters"
4. (v) set down or print with letters
5. (n) a strictly literal interpretation (as distinct from the intention) "he followed instructions to the letter" "he obeyed the letter of the law"
6. (v) mark letters on or mark with letters
7. (n) an award earned by participation in a school sport; "he won letters in three sports"
8. (n) owner who lets another person use something (housing usually) for hire
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.