Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a substance that is liquid at room temperature and pressure
2. (a) existing as or having characteristics of a liquid; especially tending to flow; "water and milk and blood are liquid substances"
3. (s) filled or brimming with tears; "swimming eyes" "watery eyes" "sorrow made the eyes of many grow liquid"
4. (n) the state in which a substance exhibits a characteristic readiness to flow with little or no tendency to disperse and relatively high incompressibility
5. (n) a substance in the fluid state of matter having no fixed shape but a fixed volume
6. (s) clear and bright; "the liquid air of a spring morning" "eyes shining with a liquid luster" "limpid blue eyes"
7. (a) changed from a solid to a liquid state; "rivers filled to overflowing by melted snow"
8. (n) a frictionless non-nasal continuant (especially "l" and "r'')
9. (s) smooth and flowing in quality; entirely free of harshness; "the liquid song of a robin"
10. (s) yielding; lacking any hint of hardness; "the liquid stillness of the night enveloping him" "the liquid brown eyes of a spaniel"
11. (s) smooth and unconstrained in movement; "a long, smooth stride" "the fluid motion of a cat" "the liquid grace of a ballerina" "liquid prose"
12. (s) in cash or easily convertible to cash; "liquid (or fluid) assets"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.