Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) any mechanical or electrical device that transmits or modifies energy to perform or assist in the performance of human tasks
2. (v) turn, shape, mold, or otherwise finish by machinery
3. (n) an intricate organization that accomplishes its goals efficiently; "the war machine"
4. (v) make by machinery; "The Americans were machining while others still hand-made cars"
5. (n) an efficient person; "the boxer was a magnificent fighting machine"
6. (n) 4-wheeled motor vehicle; usually propelled by an internal combustion engine; "he needs a car to get to work"
7. (n) a group that controls the activities of a political party; "he was endorsed by the Democratic machine"
8. (n) a device for overcoming resistance at one point by applying force at some other point
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.