Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (a) of or relating to or caused by magnetism; "magnetic forces"
2. (a) having the properties of a magnet; i.e. of attracting iron or steel; "the hard disk is covered with a thin coat of magnetic material"
3. (a) capable of being magnetized
4. (a) determined by earth''s magnetic fields; "magnetic north" "the needle of a magnetic compass points to the magnetic north pole"
5. (a) having the properties of a magnet; the ability to draw or pull; "an attractive force" "the knife hung on a magnetic board"
6. (s) possessing an extraordinary ability to attract; "a charismatic leader" "a magnetic personality"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.