Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) the world of commercial activity where goods and services are bought and sold; "without competition there would be no market" "they were driven from the marketplace"
2. (v) engage in the commercial promotion, sale, or distribution of; "The company is marketing its new line of beauty products"
3. (n) the securities markets in the aggregate; "the market always frustrates the small investor"
4. (v) buy household supplies; "We go marketing every Saturday"
5. (n) the customers for a particular product or service; "before they publish any book they try to determine the size of the market for it"
6. (v) deal in a market
7. (n) a marketplace where groceries are sold; "the grocery store included a meat market"
8. (v) make commercial; "Some Amish people have commercialized their way of life"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.