Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (s) occurring widely (as to many people) "mass destruction"
2. (n) the property of a body that causes it to have weight in a gravitational field
3. (v) join together into a mass or collect or form a mass; "Crowds were massing outside the palace"
4. (s) gathered or tending to gather into a mass or whole; "aggregate expenses include expenses of all divisions combined for the entire year" "the aggregated amount of indebtedness"
5. (n) (often followed by "of'') a large number or amount or extent; "a batch of letters" "a deal of trouble" "a lot of money" "he made a mint on the stock market" "it must have cost plenty"
6. (n) an ill-structured collection of similar things (objects or people)
7. (n) (Roman Catholic Church and Protestant Churches) the celebration of the Eucharist
8. (n) a body of matter without definite shape; "a huge ice mass"
9. (n) the common people generally; "separate the warriors from the mass" "power to the people"
10. (n) the property of something that is great in magnitude; "it is cheaper to buy it in bulk" "he received a mass of correspondence" "the volume of exports"
11. (n) a musical setting for a Mass; "they played a Mass composed by Beethoven"
12. (n) a sequence of prayers constituting the Christian eucharistic rite; "the priest said Mass"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.