Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (s) around the middle of a scale of evaluation of physical measures; "an orange of average size" "intermediate capacity" "a plane with intermediate range" "medium bombers"
2. (n) a means or instrumentality for storing or communicating information
3. (s) (of meat) cooked until there is just a little pink meat inside
4. (n) the surrounding environment; "fish require an aqueous medium"
5. (n) an intervening substance through which signals can travel as a means for communication
6. (n) (bacteriology) a nutrient substance (solid or liquid) that is used to cultivate micro-organisms
7. (n) an intervening substance through which something is achieved; "the dissolving medium is called a solvent"
8. (n) a liquid with which pigment is mixed by a painter
9. (n) (biology) a substance in which specimens are preserved or displayed
10. (n) a state that is intermediate between extremes; a middle position; "a happy medium"
11. (n) someone who serves as an intermediary between the living and the dead; "he consulted several mediums"
12. (n) transmissions that are disseminated widely to the public
13. (n) an occupation for which you are especially well suited; "in law he found his true metier"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.