Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a formally arranged gathering; "next year the meeting will be in Chicago" "the meeting elected a chairperson"
2. (n) the social act of assembling for some common purpose; "his meeting with the salesmen was the high point of his day"
3. (n) a small informal social gathering; "there was an informal meeting in my livingroom"
4. (n) a casual or unexpected convergence; "he still remembers their meeting in Paris" "there was a brief encounter in the hallway"
5. (n) the act of joining together as one; "the merging of the two groups occurred quickly" "there was no meeting of minds"
6. (n) a place where things merge or flow together (especially rivers) "Pittsburgh is located at the confluence of the Allegheny and Monongahela rivers"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.