Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) the basic unit of length adopted under the Systeme International d''Unites (approximately 1.094 yards)
2. (v) measure with a meter; "meter the flow of water"
3. (n) any of various measuring instruments for measuring a quantity
4. (v) stamp with a meter indicating the postage; "meter the mail"
5. (n) (prosody) the accent in a metrical foot of verse
6. (n) rhythm as given by division into parts of equal time
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.