Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a woman who has given birth to a child (also used as a term of address to your mother) "the mother of three children"
2. (v) care for like a mother; "She fusses over her husband"
3. (n) a stringy slimy substance consisting of yeast cells and bacteria; forms during fermentation and is added to cider or wine to produce vinegar
4. (v) make children; "Abraham begot Isaac" "Men often father children but don''t recognize them"
5. (n) a term of address for an elderly woman
6. (n) a condition that is the inspiration for an activity or situation; "necessity is the mother of invention"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.