Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) (baseball) the slight elevation on which the pitcher stands
2. (v) form into a rounded elevation; "mound earth"
3. (n) a small natural hill
4. (n) a collection of objects laid on top of each other
5. (n) structure consisting of an artificial heap or bank usually of earth or stones; "they built small mounds to hide behind"
6. (n) the position on a baseball team of the player who throws the ball for a batter to try to hit; "he has played every position except pitcher" "they have a southpaw on the mound"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.