Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) the goal intended to be attained (and which is believed to be attainable) "the sole object of her trip was to see her children"
2. (a) undistorted by emotion or personal bias; based on observable phenomena; "an objective appraisal" "objective evidence"
3. (n) the lens or system of lenses nearest the object being viewed
4. (a) serving as or indicating the object of a verb or of certain prepositions and used for certain other purposes; "objective case" "accusative endings"
5. (s) emphasizing or expressing things as perceived without distortion of personal feelings or interpretation; "objective art"
6. (s) belonging to immediate experience of actual things or events; "concrete benefits" "a concrete example" "there is no objective evidence of anything of the kind"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.