Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a fully differentiated structural and functional unit in an animal that is specialized for some particular function
2. (n) a government agency or instrument devoted to the performance of some specific function; "The Census Bureau is an organ of the Commerce Department"
3. (n) (music) an electronic simulation of a pipe organ
4. (n) a periodical that is published by a special interest group; "the organ of the communist party"
5. (n) wind instrument whose sound is produced by means of pipes arranged in sets supplied with air from a bellows and controlled from a large complex musical keyboard
6. (n) a free-reed instrument in which air is forced through the reeds by bellows
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.